Saturday, May 16, 2015

Learning how to grow: The Ball Redbook



I finished my Calculus class on Thursday.  For your sake, this as probably as much as I'll tell you about Calc.  No, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but this is a horticulture blog and our math discussions should be more in the realm of technical math, fundraising dollars, etc.  Then again, maybe calc will intersect with greenhouse production at some point down the road.  Have an idea of how they might intersect?  I'd love to know.

Having survived Calc, I decided to treat myself to used copies of the following plant production textbooks: The Ball Redbook:  Greenhouses & Equipment (Vol. 1) and Plant Production (Vol. 2).  I'm looking forward to reading these books during summer and developing a stronger understanding of scientific plant production techniques.  I look forward to sharing my findings with you as I work through these books.



Does/has anyone else use these books?  What other resources do you use to improve plant production in your school greenhouse?  More importantly, what resources do you use to teach students plant bio and greenhouse production?

No comments:

Post a Comment